||Tony has 25 years experience making training and educational programmes for television, radio, audio, video, and interactive media. Since 1998 Tony has been managing Two Cats Can Ltd, producing, directing, scripting and consulting on a wide range of independent commissions for educational and training packages, including projects for Price Waterhouse, PricewaterhouseCoopers, The Metropolitan Police, The BBC, The Open University, The Educational Broadcasting Services Trust, the Forensic Science Service and The Spinal Injuries Association.
From 1988 he was Senior Producer, Arts at the BBC Open University Production Centre, running a department of up to 18 and administering an annual budget of £2m. During that time Tony was also making television, radio, audio, video and CDrom programmes on a range of Arts subjects, but specializing in drama and drama based learning: he also worked for Premiere Productions, Coronet/MTI (U.S.), Price Waterhouse and the Lambrakis Research Foundation in Greece.
See Two Cats Can Production List and Client List for more information on specific Two Cats Can productions.
For BBC Productions, please access more information through the following links;
- 1997 Series Producer Conjuring Shakespeare - primetime network series
including the RTS Educational Award Finalist 1997, Like a Virgin
- 1996-7 Producer Introduction to the Humanities
- 1996-97 Co-devisor Open.Saturday and Open.Sunday - BBC2 weekly network shows including producer of The Grand Tour with Tony Robinson as an 18th century "virtual" tour guide, and director of That was Then ...
- 1995-98 Series Producer Shakespeare: Text & Performance series including King Lear and As You Like It CDroms
- 1993-96 Series Producer Approaching Literature including the RTS Educational Award Finalist 1996, Building the Perfect Beast, and co-production and direction of the TV premiere of Aphra Behn's The Rover
- 1996 Co-presenter of 2nd Annual MOMI Lecture The Multi Media Bard Plugged and Unplugged
- 1992-4 & 96 Series Producer Homer: Poetry & Society
- 1989-1992 Series Producer Literature in the Modern World inc. World TV premiere of Samuel Beckett's Endgame
- 1987-89 Series Producer Fifth Century Athens inc. 1990 British Archaeology Society's Channel Four Award winner Acropolis Now & the World Premiere of Tom Paulin's version of Aeschylus' Prometheus Bound - Seize the Fire.
Training & Education:
BA Hons 2:1 English & Drama, Birmingham University
BBC Training Courses:
TV Direction - Documentary & Drama; Desk Top Editing - Optima; DV Camera Operation; Lighting; Safety; Extended Skills - Sound.
Full, clean driving licence
Sept 2000: Company MK's production of Sondheim's Sweeney Todd - Director
Oct 1999: Stantonbury Campus Theatre Company's production of All Change - Co-director
Feb - Sept 2002: Company MK's production of Into the Woods - Director